2018… it’s been a pretty awesome year…
So it’s 6:39pm on the 31st of December and I’m about to head out to a New Years Even party, but before do, I wanted to do a quick little reflection and round-up of some of the highlights of the year.
2018 has been a pretty big one for me… in the sense that I feel I have actually grown so much.
At the start of the year, my one big intention was to “Be Lauren” and let go of the fear of judgement. While I’m still working on the judgement thing (and I’m sure it will be a lifelong process with that) I feel like I have made huge progress and have been more “me” this year than any other.
A big part of that was meeting some incredible people (through the wonders of the internet) who have been so inspiring and encouraging, and who I feel so lucky to now call friends.
So here’s a quick round up of some the fab times of 2018:
1) Our belated honeymoon in Europe - 6 incredible weeks exploring Italy, France and Scotland with with my fave person (and some of our best friends!) was definitely one of the top moments!
2) Another of the best things that’s happened this year? Meeting a community of awesome, like-minded people from around the world!
I decided to jump in and take a bunch of online courses this year and it was one of the best things I’ve ever done - it has totally changed everything!
3) Traveling to Sydney in June for a conference held by one of my fave podcasters - Jess Lively.
Meeting some of the awesome people I’d connected with online and making new friends was one of my happiest memories of the year. Being around incredible women who are are doing super cool things and have totally stepped into their power was so inspiring and was one of those moments that I would actually call “life-changing” as corny as it sounds!
4) Following on from number 3 came the opportunity to be part of a Mastermind Group of incredibly awesome ladies who are absolutely rocking it doing their own creative work! Rachel, Charlotte, Amy, Dori, Drew, Sam. They’ve all inspired, encouraged and helped grow my confidence so much.
5) Having the confidence to put my blog out there in the world - to actually share it with people instead of hiding it away (like I’d done for the past 5 years!!) and actually be proud of the little space on the internet I’m creating!
6) Making progress with our apartment and putting pictures up on the walls!! (This was a big deal for us!!) It’s really starting to feel homey and I am so happy with how it’s coming together!!
7) Being interviewed for one of my favourite podcasts - The Kelly Trach Show - was a very surprising and super fun highlight of the year! Kelly has definitely been one of the most influential people in my life this year and it was such an honour to be asked to be on her show! You can read and listen to my interview with Kelly in this post if you like!
8) Seeing Taylor Swift’s Reputation Tour! This is the fourth time I’ve seen her and she blows me away every time!
9) I’ve talked a lot about the new people I’ve met this year, but spending time with my best friends who’ve been there for me for years is of course another of the things I’m super appreciative of this year. I feel so lucky to have known these guys for so long and that whenever we catch up, no matter how long it’s been, things are just so easy.
I’m a pretty introverted person and although I love socialising and meeting new people, it can be really draining sometimes. Time with these guys though is always so refreshing because I can just totally relax and be myself with them :)
10) Delving into all sorts of curiosities that I would have considered a bit “weird and woo-woo” previously. Moon cycles, Crystals, Law of attraction, Oracle cards, Essential Oils, Manifestation … I’ve been exploring the more magical side of things and it’s been super fun!
11) Celebrating one year married to my awesome hubby (and 9 years together!)
Basically the overarching highlight of the whole year (and life in general!)
I’ll leave it at that otherwise I’ll start getting too soppy <3 <3 <3
It’s been a year of exploring, delving into curiosities and fully diving in, even when I’m feeling a little hesitant and scared. Of course there’ve been some lows that I’ve chosen not to share here, but overall it’s been a really great year. I was looking back on the Hello 2018 post I did at the start of the year where I talked about how I was focusing on how I wanted to feel in 2018, rather than setting resolutions. That worked really well for me and (for the most part) I feel like I’ve truly been embodying the intentions I set for myself. It’s definitely something I’d recommend giving a try if you’re interested! (I talk about it more in that post)
I’m excited to see what 2019 brings and I hope to continue sharing all the beautiful moments and discoveries here on the blog! I’ve got some big plans for Lauren Loves Laughter this year!
Wishing you all a very Happy New Year! Thank you for being here on this adventure!
As always, leave me a comment or come say hi on Instagram @laurennatalia29. I’d love to hear about your 2018 highlights or what your 2019 intentions are!
Lots of Love