I'm currently down south in Margaret River for a long weekend getaway, so I thought I'd give you a sneak peek at the contents of my travel makeup bag. These photos were actually taken during our Tassie holiday (and I never got around to sharing them), but everything is pretty much the same!
While I do have a fairly extensive collection of makeup, I tend to stick with my tried and tested favourites the majority of the time, but particularly when it comes to travelling. I usually go for a fairly simple look with light, shimmery shadow on the eyes and a brighter lip.
This is basically what I use on a day to day basis, my "Capsule Makeup Collection" if you will...
Shiseido Natural Finish Cream Concealer
- I love this concealer because, as the name suggests, it does have a lovely natural finish, but also decent coverage. I like a really natural look to my makeup, so instead of wearing foundation, I tend to just pat this concealer onto any problem areas (mainly on redness around my nose and under my darker under-eye area), and then lightly dust a powder over to set. It gives a more polished look than bare skin, but still keeps things very natural. Pretty much a "no-makeup makeup look". I have also been loving the
Shiseido Sheer Eye Zone Corrector
. It's technically for around the eye area, but I use it around my nose and chin too, just to cover any redness and it works well for me. I love the brightening effect it has.
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder - Dim Light
- If you read pretty much any beauty blog you would have heard of this product range before. The idea is the different powders "mimic the effect of the most flattering light", softening the way light reflects on the skin and concealing imperfections. I use this powder pretty much everyday, and I really do love the soft effect it gives. Particularly as someone who doesn't wear foundation on a regular basis, I love the overall smoothing and brightening effect it has - it's barely detectable, but just makes the skin look that little bit more perfect.
Nars Laguna Bronzer
- My favourite (and only) bronzer. I've nearly used this all up and will be repurchasing when I do.
Mac Eyeshadow Quad - Brulé, Arena, All That Glitters, Wedge
- I love that you can build your own mac palette and the quad is perfect for travel. These four have been my standard "everyday" eyeshadows for a long time now. I use either Arena or All That Glitters all over the lid, Wedge in the crease and Brulé just under the brow. It's light and shimmery and very brightening which I love. I don't often wear eyeliner but when I do I usually just use a darker shadow along the lashline which gives a softer effect. If I'm just bringing the one eyeshadow palette, I'll usually swap out Arena for Mac's Espresso eyeshadow.
Urban Decay Naked2 Eyeshadow Palette
- This is the only thing I haven't brought with me on this trip. It's a great palette with a large range of shades, but I do prefer the quality of Mac shadows. I just find them a little easier to work with so tend to reach for them first. This palette is great for travel though as it has everything you need (including a black shadow which I use as eyeliner).
Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil - Soft Brunette
- I purchased this pencil after watching countless youtube reviews of different brow products and hearing people rave about this particular one. I haven't tried any others, so I don't have anything to compare this to, but I'm onto my second one and still liking it so it gets a thumbs up from me.
Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara
. This mascara gives pretty dramatic lashes which I like, but my favourite and the one I'll go back to once I've finished with this is the
Maybelline Full 'N Soft
. I prefer the more natural look it gives, but it can still be built up to give a nice full, thick look. I also always curl my lashes first with the
eyelash curler (the best eyelash curler ever - definitely worth the higher price tag)
Revlon Just Bitten Kissible Balm Stain - Crush
- I love these balm stains because they really are a great stain. Apply, blot and they'll stay for hours. This particular colour is really beautiful. It's pretty dark and intense when first applied, but once blotted it's a beautiful deep berry/pink that's very wearable.
Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Dragon Girl
- This will forever be my favourite red. It's bright and bold but with a hint of pink that makes it really wearable, and the fact that it's matte means it lasts well and you don't have to worry about it ending up on your teeth! (A problem I had with the Nars Satin Lip Pencils). Also, this is apparently the lipstick that Taylor Swift wears ;)
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet - Nude-ist
- My current favourite nude liquid lipstick for when I don't feel like wearing anything too bright. As you can see I like to bring a few different lip products - usually one red, one berry and something a little more natural. This one is definitely on the darker, more pinky side of nudes which is the only nude I ever really go for. I like the matte formula although it can be a little drying, so I'll probably look for something different when this one runs out. Anyone have any suggestions for a similar shade?
Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush - Exposed
- My favourite blush that goes with every makeup look. I have quite a collection of blushes (and I do switch them up fairly often), but when I travel this is always the one I bring as it looks good no matter what lip colour or eyeshadow you're wearing.
I hope you enjoyed this little look into my makeup bag. I always find it interesting to see what people bring with them when they travel (I love watching those videos on youtube - they're a real guilty pleasure!) What are your favourite travelling makeup products?
Lots of Love